Thursday 3 April 2014

Quote Me Thursday #2

I enjoyed doing this post a lot last week, so I thought I'd do it again!

I'm taking part in the weekly meme, hosted by Daily Mayo. This meme is all about sharing a favourite quote, passage from a book or any other quote related post. 

This week, the quote I chose was from The Great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald, and it goes like this:



There are so many reasons why I love this quote- one being that it is just written so beautifully and if I had to describe Summer in one sentence, it would be this quote. It sums up everything that is great about Summer time and why we look forward to it. I feel like I can relate to this a lot because I'm so excited for the summer, and doing things that you can't do otherwise, like going out all day and meeting new people and having a really great time. I think that there's a lot of truth in this quote too, because life pretty much does start again with Summer- there's a new sense of optimism that is given to us when the sun comes out and opportunities that we don't usually get. Personally, I am so happy when the weather is nice, and there's so much more to do and with this comes a lot of happiness, which I think Fitzgerald shows so well in this quote.

The Great Gatsby is a great book with so many brilliant lines in its limited number of pages. I want to re-read it soon and watch the film too!

P.S. I was going to write my Monthly Roundup, but lost my notebook with my lists of books in- it should be up tomorrow though!




No comments:

Post a Comment