Sunday 23 February 2014

FANGIRLING: Is it a good thing?


Way more often than I probably should, I find myself typing in caps, freaking out about some book or band. It usually contains lots of OMGGGGGG or SFDKJELKJJSKKSKSKSKSKAAAAAAAHHHH or THE FEELS or DYING and I don't even know why. It's like I get so caught up in the world of books or so excited by music that when something happens even remotely to do with one of my favourite things, I just fangirl.
But is fangirling a good thing or a bad thing? That's what I can't work out. Is it good to care about something a lot and to have something that makes you happy or is it bad that something can matter so much? 

I will definitely be fangirling a lot lot lot lot when TFIOS comes out in the cinema and when the same happens to Divergent. It is likely that I will be way too happy when something good happens to a character in a book or when I hear my favourite song played on an advert. That will, in turn, earn some weird looks from other people. Sometimes I'm with someone who is as excited as me and that's great, but when I'm not I probably look a little bit strange. 

I know that some people think that fans are obsessive and it can be unhealthy, and others completely disagree. Now is the time to defend your fangirling or to rant about why you oppose it! So, what do you think? Fangirling: Is it good or bad? Comment or tweet me your opinions because I'd be really interested to hear what you have to say!







2 comments:

  1. Hahaha fangirling is awesome! I love fangirling about something then seeing someone else do exactly the same! (Like you with TFiOS!)

    I can understand why outsiders would find it annoying.. Especially the whole 'Omg, I can't even, AGHFRNGJGDFJHGKJDHIUR'. But to us that language actually makes sense!

    I think it's a bit of both; it's obviously annoying to those who don't do it or aren't as enthusiastic about something as we are but it's good to show you love something that much!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Yeah, I can see two sides as well, and hahaha when it comes to TFIOS.. well...

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete