Thursday 9 January 2014

Wreck this Blog!

AHHHH! I am so excited to write this post about an idea that I had which I am so, so looking forward to actually doing.

Most of you have probably heard of 'Wreck this Journal' by Keri Smith- a book which, on each page, there are instructions or hints at what creative thing you should do to that page. Some include: 'Leave this page blank for no reason', or 'Crack the spine' but there are also pages which require a lot of imagination, such as 'hang this book in a public place and let people draw on it'.
And... if there is one group of people with a lot of imagination, who love all things books and creativity, book bloggers are that group! I love Wreck this Journal so much, and have filled a few pages, but I have an idea and I want to involve other book bloggers!

Kelsey (@VerbosityRevws), Charlie (@Charliebookworm), Em (@bookw0rmtales) and  have all agreed to help me, which is very, very kind of them! Check out their blogs for some truly great posts.


So, here is my idea... I will start with the journal and complete a few pages myself, then send it off to another blogger, who would do the same. They would then send this onto the next blogger and so on. We'd end up with a Wreck this Journal filled by lots of people and I think that would be really, really amazing! And we will call it *drum roll* WRECK THIS BLOG!
If you would like to take part in this then, this is what it will involve:
1. You receive the journal and fill parts in which is so much fun!
2. You write your blog name on the back page if you would like, to gain yourself more readers.
3. You get a Wreck this Blog bookmark and badge.
4. Then you would send it onto the next person (must be willing to pay P+P) who can then admire your work and do the same!
5. If you are the last person then you would send it back to me and I'll tweet and follow the blogs!

This will run for the UK and a separate one for the US, which will be started by Kelsey. It will have to be a first come, first served basis, as sadly there are only so many pages to the book :(
We are looking for around twenty people for the UK and twenty for the US.

If you have any questions, you can either comment below, use the contact form or tweet me @teenblurb_.

To sign up, click the link below and fill in the form! I can't wait to start this, and I will be sending it to the first blogger on February 1st! EEEEEEE!!!! :D:D
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uESOfhIjhm17yaw9tUv4c1lzIsZ7VVnAF-C72P3VcnM/viewform

No comments:

Post a Comment